Savory Snack Crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a food processor, whirl together all the ingredients except the water. With the motor running, drizzle in the water and process until the dough comes together. Let rest for a few minutes.
2. Have ready two large (11-by-17-inch) baking sheets. Divide the dough in half. Sprinkling with flour as needed, roll each piece of dough onto a nonstick baking liner or a piece of parchment paper cut to fit the baking sheet.
3. Prick the dough all over with a fork and bake, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until crisp and golden, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer the cracker sheets to a wire rack and let cool completely. Break by hand into rustic cracker-sized pieces. The cooled crackers can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for at least a week.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.