Smoked Turkey and Brown Rice Soup
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups thinly sliced green or savoy cabbage
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup brown rice (or 1 cup cooked)
- 2 cups chopped smoked turkey breast (or cooked turkey or chicken)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
1. In a soup pot, bring the stock to a boil with 2 cups water. Add the cabbage, carrots, celery and rice and simmer, partially covered, until the rice and veggies are tender. Add the turkey and heat through. Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.