Spicy Scallops and White Beans
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 15 ounce jar salsa
- 2 4 ounce jars sliced roasted red peppers, drained; or 1 red pepper, seeded, cored, roasted and thinly sliced
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds large scallops
1. Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Saute for 3 minutes. Stir in salsa, red peppers and beans. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in scallops and season with salt and pepper.
2. If serving immediately, continue cooking mixture for 2 minutes, or until scallops are just cooked through.
3. Otherwise, turn off heat and let mixture cool (scallops will finish cooking as mixture cools and during reheating). Transfer to a freezer-proof container. Freeze until ready to serve.
4. To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Simmer, partially covered, over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until scallops are heated through.