Spinach Squares for Kids
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or white onion
- 4 large eggs
- 5 ounces (half a package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small, preferably nonstick, ovenproof skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and saute until beginning to color, 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the cooked shallots, spinach and mozzarella.
3. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the bottom and sides of the skillet. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and bake until almost firm at the center, about 10 minutes. Broil until the top is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into cubes and serve warm. Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.