Starck Raving Ginger Mocktail
- 2 ounces distilled water
- 3/4 ounce homemade spicy ginger syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 pineapple leaf
- 1 piece dried ginger
- 8 ounces whole ginger, skin on, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
Make ItSpicy Ginger Syrup
1. Place ginger in an electric juicer and extract about 4 ounces of juice (add more ginger if needed to yield 4 ounces). Add superfine sugar and stir into ginger juice until completely dissolved to yield approximately 3/4 cup (6 ounces). Reserve remaining syrup in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
2. Place all ingredients in a pint mixing glass. Fill glass with ice and shake vigorously for 6 seconds. Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice; garnish with pineapple leaf and dried ginger and serve.