Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from the Gourmet Cookbook
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 7 tablespoons (7.5 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the strawberries with the jam for 5 minutes, stirring. Stir in the lemon juice and mash the strawberries with a fork. Let cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, in an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar at low speed until fluffy, 5 to 8 minutes. Beat in the strawberry mixture. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.