Strawberry French Toast
- 2 heaping tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Small pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Sliced strawberries and confectioner's sugar, for serving
1. Warm the jam and whisk until loose.
2. Whisk in the milk, then the eggs and salt.
3. Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
4. Depending on the size of your pan, dip 2 or 3 pieces of the bread in the egg mixture briefly, turning to moisten each side, then transfer to the pan.
5. Cook the French toast, turning the slices when they become brown on the first side, about 3 minutes.
6. When the second sides are brown, transfer to a warm oven or toaster oven to keep warm as you repeat with the remaining slices.
7. Cut the French toast into triangles and serve topped with sliced strawberries and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar.