Super Start Hot Cereal
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well in a sieve
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Topping suggestions: milk or soy milk, maple syrup or brown sugar, dried fruit, sliced bananas, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, coarse sea salt, toasted unsweetened coconut shreds, ground cinnamon
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, oats, salt and cinnamon with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil then simmer, stirring frequently, until the quinoa is tender, 20 minutes. Cover and let rest 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings. Rewarm leftovers with extra water.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.