Tamarillo Chicken Curry on Roasted Plantains
- 2 very ripe (black) plantains
- 5 tamarillos, peeled and chopped (peel by submersing in boiling water for 3 minutes)
- 1 apple, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons each: fresh ginger and curry powder
- 1/4 cup each: packed brown sugar and apple cider vinegar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 400. Slit the skin of the plantains with a sharp knife, but do not peel. Place on a baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes at 400.
2. In the meantime, combine tamarillos with the next 7 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts, 4 minutes per side. Pour cooked tamarillo mixture over chicken. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove plantains from oven and cut in half. Discard skins. Place 1/2 a plantain on each plate, then slice in half lengthwise. Place a chicken breast on each plantain serving, topping with extra sauce (about 1/2 cup sauce per serving).