This May Be One of the Best Mocktails Ever
When our editor in chief Laura Kalehoff broke the news to her aunt that she was expecting her third baby over dinner at cozy-meets-classy Wallflower in New York City, the bartender, noted mixologist Xavier Herit, overheard the celebratory shrieks and swiftly sent over a delicious, citrusy mocktail. Care to try it yourself? Here's the recipe for his non-alcoholic drink:
- 2 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce grenadine syrup
- 1/2 ounce verjus (available in specialty food stores)
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- A pinch of salt
- Fever-Tree tonic water
- Maraschino cherry
1. Shake the 5 ingredients together in a shaker with ice.
2. Top with tonic water.
3. Pour into a highball glass.
4. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.