Tasty Breaded Chicken
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, such as Lawry's (or a pinch each salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne and garlic powder)
- 1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- Nontstick cooking spray, optional
1. In a large container, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and seasoning. Whisk in the buttermilk. Add the chicken and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes (less if you're rushed) or refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and set a rack in the top third of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. For crispiest results, place a metal baking rack on the baking sheet and brush or spray it with oil.
3. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and remove the chicken from the marinade. Press the chicken into the crumbs, turning, until well coated. Transfer the chicken to the pan. For crispiest results, spray the chicken lightly with oil (this is optional).
4. Bake until the chicken juices run clear when the pieces are pierced with a knife at the thickest part, 35 to 40 minutes. If desired, broil, watching closely, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.