Third Trimester: Meze Platter With Roasted Pepper Dip
PREGNANCY PERK: Low-calorie mini-meals allow you to eat several times a day, minimizing indigestion and heartburn.
- 3 roasted or grilled red peppers, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 6-inch pita breads (3 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 16 kalamata olives
- 1/2 English cucumber (about 1/2 pound), peeled and cut into thin spears
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place dip ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Put in a covered, airtight container and refrigerate until needed. (Dip will keep for 3 days, refrigerated.)
2. Cut pita into triangles, place triangles on a cookie sheet in a single layer and mist with cooking spray. Bake until toasted and crisp, about 15 minutes.
3. To assemble each meze platter: Add 1/4 cup dip to a small bowl; place on a plate; arrange one-fourth of toasted pita triangles alongside 5 cherry tomatoes, 4 olives and 2 to 3 cucumber spears.