Toddler Cooking Class Guacamole and Baked Chips
- 6 fresh white corn tortillas
- Canola oil or cooking spray
- 2 - 3 ripe avocados (depending how much makes it into the bowl!)
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lime
- Handful cilantro
- 1/4 white onion
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (optional, for a creamier texture)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Lightly brush or spray the tortillas with oil on both sides and sprinkle them with a little salt. Stack the tortillas, cut them into sixths and spread the chips out on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake, tossing halfway through, until golden and crisp on the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with the lime and 2 teaspoons of salt. Finely chop the cilantro and onion (pulsing in a food processor or by hand). Fold the cilantro and onion into the avocado mixture along with the yogurt if desired. Taste for salt and serve.
- Find out more about this recipe and Toddler Cooking Classes on Mom Appetit's blog.