Toddler Cooking Class Hummus
- 2 cups canned or cooked chickpeas, 1/2 cup of their liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini, well-stirred
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 large or 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- Large pinch kosher salt plus more to taste
- Large pinch ground cumin
- Toasted whole wheat pita triangles and cucumber slices, for serving
1. In a food processor, puree the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil (if using), garlic, salt and cumin until very smooth, adding reserved chickpea liquid as needed. Serve with pita and cucumber slices. Can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 4 days.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.