Tuscan White Bean Purée
Cannelini beans, also known as white beans have a smooth texture and a nutty flavor. Combined with the brown rice, you have a complete protein. I've been making the adult version of this dish for years. When you make this for babies it becomes a creamy puree that - I've found - they can't stop eating.
- 1 cup kale or green of your choice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup white beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup tomato, fresh or canned, chopped
1. Place the kale in a steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 4 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and onion and continue cooking for 6 more minutes.
3. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Cool and serve.
- *Place in Baby Cubes and freeze.
- Recipe by Catherine McCord courtesy of weelicious.com