Vegan Pumpkin Buttons
A cup of cream cheese frosting will turn these wholesome toddler cookies into mini whoopie pies!
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin or winter squash
- 6 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, such as grapeseed or canola
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or pinch each cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick liners, or grease them well.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla. In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients. Stir the ingredients together until just combined.
3. Drop the dough by rounded half-teaspoons 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake until firm to the touch and golden on the bottom, about 12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.