Veggie Ricotta Bowl
- 12 cups mache (also called lamb's lettuce; or use spinach or mixed spring greens)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons garlic oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups petite peas
- 1 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Place mache in a large bowl. Combine basil, buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar and 1 teaspoon of garlic oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half of dressing over mache; gently toss to mix.
2. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of garlic oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add zucchini and yellow pepper slices. Saute for 6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat peas. Arrange a portion of mache in four shallow bowls. Spoon a portion of warm zucchini-pepper mixture on one side of greens and a portion of peas on other side. Place 1/4 cup ricotta in center. Drizzle salads with remaining dressing; top with toasted almonds.