Watermelon Banana Split
More than just a summer picnic favorite, watermelon offers important pregnancy benefits.
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 medium seedless watermelon (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced honey-roasted almonds
- 1 8 ounce carton low-fat yogurt (vanilla or mixed berry)
- 8 leaves fresh mint, very thinly sliced
1. Arrange 2 banana slices in each of 4 shallow bowls.
2. Use a standard-size ice-cream scooper to make watermelon balls, placing 3 scoops in each dish on top of banana slices.
3. Top with 1/4 cup berries and 1/4 cup grapes.
4. Sprinkle each split with almonds, then top with 1/4 cup yogurt. Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.