Yogurt-Marinated Curried Chicken Breast
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (regular or lowfat)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch chunks
1. In the small bowl of a food processor (or in a blender), puree the onion, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and curry powder. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the chicken pieces. Cover the bowl and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Preheat the broiler or light the grill. To broil, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the baking sheet. Spray or brush the rack lightly with oil. (Alternatively, use a broiling pan). If desired, thread the chicken on skewers. Broil or grill, watching closely, until browned in places and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve hot.
- Greek yogurt, Turkish salad, Basmati Pilaf or steamed brown or white basmati rice with peas, fresh or steamed vegetables, whole wheat pita.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.