Zesty Tzatziki Sauce Made With Greek Yogurt
This flavorful sauce transforms simple grilled chicken in a pita, for example, into something special. It's also amazing drizzled over poached salmon, as a dressing for a chickpea chopped salad or enjoyed as a dip for veggies, baked pita chips, or poached shrimp. There are tons of great ways to use and cook with Greek Yogurt, a.k.a. your "secret-weapon" ingredient in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber
- 1 plum tomato seeded, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried dill weed)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1. Whisk all ingredients together and chill to blend flavors. Keep tightly covered in fridge for up to 5 days.