- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
1. Set oven to broil. Toss first six ingredients together (zucchini through basil) and marinate for 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a baking dish and broil for 30 minutes, turning zucchini over after 15 minutes. Spread zucchini on a platter, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place bell pepper rings on top. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.